The Assistant Captain-Of-The-Watch (ACOW) is responsible for supervision of the Riverboat Technicians and EVS staff during an assigned shift. As a working supervisor, the ACOW is responsible for responding to emergencies and oversees all work performed on the riverboat and landside in accordance with policies and procedures of the Company and USCG/ABSC regulations.
May be required to perform duties outside of normal job description where in the Company’s judgment it is necessary in the interest of efficiency, productivity, or improved customer service
High school diploma or equivalent with several years previous related experience.
· Will have taken/need to complete the following USCG-approved marine courses: Basic Fire Fighting and Personal Safety/Social Responsibility and the state-approved First Aid/First Responder Programs instructed in-house by the Risk Manager
· Prior experience in maintenance field, painting, basic electrical, basic plumbing, basic HVAC and construction
· General knowledge of chemicals
· Ability to operate equipment such as hand and power tools, emergency equipment, cleaning equipment
· Good oral communication skills, able to follow directions, and have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively over hand held radios
· Able to be stand, sit, or lay for prolonged periods of time
· Ability to work at heights of 40 feet
· Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues
· Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, illumination, vibration, crowds and air quality
· Ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in emergency situations
· Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions
Frequently exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat
Regularly exposed to moderate noise level; occasionally exposure to high noise levels.
Moderately exposed to chemicals and fumes
Shifts may vary in working days, nights, weekends and holidays