This position is a working chef position and our ideal candidate will:
- Coach, lead and motivate staff in order to cultivate a team environment where everyone works together to accomplish each task.
- Ensure all staff members adhere to our culinary standards and regulations
- Effectively delegate job tasks; cross-train kitchen staff on multiple stations
- Create schedules for kitchen staff; train new and existing kitchen staff on the preparation, arrangement and plating of dishes based on current menu. Assign prep work, verify recipes are being followed, and verify each item meets taste standards
- Respond to customer inquiries and concerns personally.
- Assist Executive Chef with pricing menus, events, and special menus.
- Complete all daily reports and manage all assigned checklists. Track, record and replenish inventory as needed.
- Maintain clean, organized, and safe kitchen and storage areas. Maintain all equipment and supplies and ensure all are in good and safe working condition. Ensure all staff adheres to food safety and hygiene guidelines.